Thursday, March 24, 2011

A great quote...

Never thought I would be quoting him, but I read that Steven Tyler said this at the end of American Idol and I love it!  He said-- "Sometimes it takes a little crazy to make a difference in this world."  I hope that we can make a positive difference in the lives of these two little guys and our precious girls at home. 

We often get comments about being "crazy" and I hear others saying the same thing as they work through the process to decide if they will adopt.  And the answer is "Yes- we are crazy" and yes it is crazy to ask for more work and more expense and more diapers and more stress and more mess!  So if you want an easy life, don't do it.  But if you want to make a difference in someone's life and in the process get more laughter, more hugs, more kisses, more smiles, more life and more fun-- then go for it!  Crazy is good!

3 comments:

  1. Amen!
    There's a reason why "crazy" is in the title of our blog! Folks kept saying it. We decided to adopt it as a good thing. They're gonna say it again when we start telling them about #7. A little crazy can be a God-thing. And a good-thing.
    Nancy-of the crazy 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching when he said that, and it totally grabbed my attention aswell.

    Those a whole lotta crazy out here, we're in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nancy-- that is awesome! And you know you can't stop with 7 -- you have to have 8 with a blog title like that! So happy for you!

    Adrian- it is nice to have others to share the journey who understand our hearts!

    ReplyDelete