Sorry that I have been so bad at posting since returning home. There was the jet lag and the adjustment of two little girls (and a big one) who missed mommy and daddy and now had to share them, hubby had to get back to work right away- out of town and I had to figure out how to manage on my own with 4 little ones. Since coming home we have had our daughter's HS graduation, her Clemson Orientation with her big brother (and my car breaking down and stranding them and costing us more money!), our son-Whit returned home from the desert for a visit (and to take his sister to Tigertown), our daughter-Lindsay and her husband (and dog and cat) came for a visit during their move back closer (YAY!), both boys visited the pediatrician for shots and all that, Lily had dental surgery, Brandon had an urgent visit to the dentist- referral to MUSC- had that appointment- referred to cardiologist- had that appointment yesterday- and is now cleared to have dental surgery whenever we can get them to schedule, Brayden was found to have a heart murmur so we have his cardiologist appointment in 2 weeks. Lauryn is coming home tomorrow from Clemson to get ready to go to PA to join her cousin on an educational trip to Costa Rica. Lindsay & David are hoping to have a renewal of vows soon since they did not have a ceremony last year and Bryan & Sophia are planning for a ceremony next Spring. This week- I started back with a little work with one client and one supervision session, my sister in law celebrated her 50th birthday, yesterday our little Kylee turned 6! and my parents celebrated their 50th anniverary TODAY complete with a Hawaiian vacation that I managed to pull together for them.
So as usual our crazy, amazing life just keeps getting more and more hectic. Bo and I have decided that we have met (probably greatly exceeded) our stress and energy level. So all prayers are greatly appreciated!!!!! Adopting two at once is such a blessing but definitely more challenging than even each one combined-- kind of like synergy- if one horse pulls 500 pounds and another can do the same, you would expect that the two together could pull 1000 pounds but in actuality it is more like 1400 pounds. So two adoptions at once is similar. I wouldn't change a thing. We love our boys and know that this was meant to be, but it is more challenging with two new ones trying to find their place in the family. So for those who are considering it, pray about it and make sure you are ready for the challenege!
We have been blessed with a great small group who threw us a toddler shower at Chuck E Cheese for the boys and gave them clothes and toys and blessed us with meals for the first week. We also have incredible family and friends who have let me take a shower, let the kids swim and play, and even made a beautiful cake for Kylee's birthday.
So in all honesty the past week has been a lot more crazy and less amazing...but the past month has had so much AMAZING that I will just try to remember the amazing parts and hope that the stress level decreases soon and we can settle into something kind of normal (we don't do normal so well around here-- but something close to normal would be awesome!).
Trying to keep it real,
Glenda
PS To make up for my lack of blogging, I will get some pictures posted very soon.
Hi, I came across your blog after joining the Louyang yahoo group. I tried to find an email to personally email you. We are in the process of adopting a baby boy from Pingdingshan and have now been introduced to a baby in Louyang. I would love to ask you a few questions in all of your spare time you have ;) we submitted another LOI this week. So excited! Brianmelissasmith@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteHi there, found you through RQ...I'm looking for patriotic pictures of adopted kiddos (with or without other siblings) to post on www.wearegraftedin.com for the 4th of July. If you have any you'd like to share, we'd love to have your pics included! Let me know!
ReplyDeleteKelly
And, if you would be interested in writing up a post about your daughter answering the question about her eyes, I'd love to read it and potentially post it on WAGI.