It appears that the US government may shut down if an agreement is not reached on the budget by midnight tonight. I have not been too worried-- these things happen and they tend to work it out. BUT then I read that this means the US Consulate in China will close except for emergencies and so unless our children need immediate medical attention (which thankfully they do not) we will not be able to get a consulate appointment until this is resolved. And that means that there will be a backlog of parents needing to schedule consulate appointments. I do not even want to think of what a nightmare that could be.
In the grand scheme of things waiting a few more weeks would not seem so bad....but Lauryn is graduating and heading to Orientation at Clemson and a mission trip to Costa Rico, Whit is coming home from a tour in the Middle East, Bryan is coming to the states for SOS and then back to Japan for some important upcoming events, Lindsay and her husband will likely be moving, Kylee and Lily have a ballet recital, Kylee is graduating from Kindergarten, and now we have Lily's dental surgery scheduled for June-- hoping we would be back-- it was the first available-- we wanted it done and over with by now so what do you do? You can't stop scheduling life--International adoption is always uncertain and the wait is so crazy! But the last part is supposed to be pretty predictable-- right? I have been counting on a certain time frame since we got our LOA and they announced that we should be in China in 11-16 weeks!
So please PRAY:
1) Pray that the government can agree on a budget and avoid a shutdown.
2) Pray that we will be patient and calm knowing that God knows every detail and He goes before us to prepare the way.
3) Pray that our boys will be safe and healthy and well while they wait-- It still bothers me that Lily got hurt and lost her front tooth a week before we came to get her-- so I worry about the boys....
4) So pray that I will stop worrying and just trust!
Thanks for the prayers, support and encouragement!
In His Love,
Glenda
You certainly have a lot (too much!!) going on. As hard as it is, you just have to "trust & let go." I know I want to be "in control" but things turn out better when God is in control.
ReplyDeleteAll things will work out according to His plan, not ours.
Blessings to you and your family.
ths