Can I be honest with you? Today was discouraging. It was beautiful, but it may as well have been raining and dreary in my heart. You see-- we have made it through all the MANY steps to bring our boys home and now we just wait for travel approval and we can finally GO! All we need is that TA and...well the money - oh the money... Many of the expenses are double and airfares are up and there are some fees that must be paid in cash and I have been stressed about it all. So this week I have really prayed and prayed for God to give us some assurance that He has it all covered. I had hoped to have an answer by now from the ABBA fund, but I have not heard anything. They had mentioned that they would meet Wed and let us know something-- and yet no answer-- yet. It is hard to be patient when the time to go is coming so quickly.
Then it was a really discouraging day with Lily and her dental needs. Last November-after almost 2 years home she finally let a dentist look in her mouth only to find that her early lack of care left her with at least 4 cavities. The dentist referred us to a pediatric dentist since she is so intensely fearful of doctors. So we waited for an appointment only to have him say that she really needed to be put to sleep and he sent us to MUSC. It took until February to get in and then they kept saying they were working on it, but nothing has happended so we scheduled to see someone today who can do some sedation and thought we would just try that route. Well Lily still has so many scars from the early years and she just cannot deal. It is beyond a behavioral issue, she is terrified and it is so hard to see her struggle. I was desperate and willing to do whatever we needed, but the dentist said that she was not comfortable doing anything and also said that one of the teeth is now absessed. My heart sank-- all these months of waiting and she is in pain but will not even tell us. So we called back to MUSC and got the typical run around--- so not a great day. Discouraged is the word of the day.
Then I got home and checked the mail and there was a card from someone and a sticker on the outside read, "Any time you obey God, a blessing will follow" I was encouraged by that truth and a verse from Isaiah 1:19...but there was more. Inside the person wrote about sharing our joy and praying for us and wanting to help in a small way with the travel costs. And there was a check for $500- and 'wish I could do more"-- HUMBLED...immediately-- humbled at the expression of love and support...humbled that God has not forgotten us and He has not forgotten those two little boys who wait to come home....humbled that someone with needs of their own feels compelled to help us and is happy to have a part in bringing the boys home. And there were more Scriptures inside the card. The cure for DIScouraged is ENcouraged and I can say that this card encouraged my soul and reminded me that God will provide and that His timing is perfect! Never early...but never late!
And humbled that I still am surprised when God answers my prayers-- why is my faith that seems so strong at times actually weak when things don't happen as quickly as I want or in the way that I want. Humbled and ashamed that I still worry - maybe not worry- but wonder how God will provide all we need and how we can get the boys and still be there for all the girls stuff and Whit coming back from the Middle East and Bryan and all that he has going on and Lindsay who is probably moving in the next month or so. What if we can't do it all and someone doesn't get what they need. Ok-- so I do worry-- but beyond the worry there is a peace-- a peace that defies explanation- a peace that does not make sense given the situation-- a peace that God has called us to bring these boys home and He will give us all we need financially and emotionally to be able to do what He has called us to do. He is faithful. He is the Prince of Peace! I can trust Him.
Oh and an update on Lily-- I got a call back this afternoon and they can see her TOMORROW for a pre-op appointment-- finally everything is set for her to have the procedure. God knew all along that I did not need to stress...wish I was a better listener!
Sorry for rambling, but sometimes I just need to get all this out! Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement-- please keep em coming!
In His Love,
Glenda
No comments:
Post a Comment