Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Week later and the same post...

I have been waiting to post something- hoping it would be a "TA IS HERE!"  Let's celebrate kind of post...but alas another Monday and another disappointment.  I thought maybe the mail was slow so I gave it Tuesday as a back-up and now it is clear that our TA is not coming today either.

Last week I did get some encouragement from God's word and from a Bible Study that I am doing.  This is what it said:  "What does God want to do for you?  If you will wait to receive it, your blessings will be ten-fold (I had to pause there-- not really interested in 10 KIDS!)  If God does it according to your timetable, you might just miss out on the entire blessing that He has for you.  Remember that God has far bigger far better plans than ours."  At that moment I placed it on the altar and asked that He direct our trip so that it is according to His plan and we do not miss anything that He has for us.  But my living sacrifice has a habit of wiggling off the altar and the week has been spent wrestling it back on the altar continually.

I feel like a pregnant mom-- expecting twins no less- who is overdue by at least a week (and really two if you count what I had hoped for).  I am so over this pregnancy and ready to go into labor (get my travel approval TA) and go get my boys (delivery)!  It reminds me of my third delivery (this is our 3rd adoption)-- I thought I had it all figured out-- the first 2 were 2 then 3 weeks early and I had labor pains at 4 weeks with the 3rd so when she was ONE DAY late-- I thought I would go crazy!  That is what happens when you think you have it figured out!

Well I do have a ton of work to prepare for this trip that will certainly happen sometime-- right?  so I better go for now.  I do ask for your continued prayers-- not for a TA and not for my sanity-- although those would be great!  But as a pastor friend said this week-- better to pray Ephesians 3:14 (I think) that we will be strengthened with might in the inner man and comprehend what God has for us and understand His great love for us and for our sons who wait.

Thank you for your support!

Love to all--- Glenda    

2 comments:

  1. Ooo...I like that Glenda, that if God does something by our timetable we might miss out on the entire blessing! I will definitely be hanging on to that as we wait for our TA also! I am really hoping for some good news for you tomorrow. Will continue to lift you up in prayer along with Sheila and others who are waiting for adoption related news. - Charissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom,

    you forgot to say that the 3rd delivery was your best delivery and that i was born in 30 min with 3 contractions and that it went so fast that you thought that you were dreaming! lol j/k

    We will be praying for you! I cant wait to see my 2 little brothers!

    From the Excited Big Sister, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete