Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Official- He is legally adopted!


In other words...He is stuck in this crazy family forever!  We went back to the civil affairs office to sign the paperwork and then to the notary office to register everything.  He played and was so great the whole time.  I have a short video of him playing ball with dad that I will try to upload.  So far I have not been able to post videos so we will see.
We are so in love with our little guy!  He slept great all night- right between us.  He laughs and smiles and gives us kisses.  His personality is really coming out!  He is a little ham!  He will repeat anything.  He went potty today when we learned the right word to say to him.  He is absolutely adorable!  I never could have imagined such a great outcome.  He is eating non-stop but I think he is starting to get the idea that there will be more food so he can slow down a bit.  He laid down by me and went to sleep for a nap.  I think we wore him out this morning.
It breaks my heart to think that his file sat for so long with no real interest and he is so amazing.  I wish there was a way for people to understand that even though they must be prepared for the worst case scenario, so many times the issues are not as bad and these children are so resilient and so incredible.  I am so glad that we did not let fear keep us from stepping out once again to bring home another child.  He fits so well and I am so happy to say that he is forever our son!
I will post a few pics of the day such as with the notary and brushing his teeth last night and then try a video in a separate message so it won't be too big-- hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Mom,

    it brought tears to my eyes seeing that picture of Brayden giving you a kiss. You are such an incredible mom and the boys are so blessed to be adopted by such amazing parents.I'm so glad that you and dad stepped out in faith once again to bring these boys home. I love you and look forward to seeing all of you when you get home!

    ReplyDelete