Tuesday, May 24, 2011

so maybe last night was a little TOO relaxing and I am OUT of the running for Mother of the Year

I hesitated to share this but I know you all know and love me, right?  Well this morning, Bo went to a departure meeting with our agency and I finished up with the guys at breakfast.  We came to the room and I turned on cartoons,  I had to use the bathroom and Brayden kept bringing the stroller in and all that fun stuff that goes with toddlers. and then I heard him move toward the door but I had locked it so I thought no big deal.  But within seconds they BOTH were out the door.  So I was scrambling to put on my pants-- not fast enough as you will soon discover and opened the door and saw no one, nothing.  Panic set in!  we are right by the elevators and the boys love the elevators...but no they had to go for something closer so I see two doors open with rooms being cleaned and ask and the staff was so helpful we start down the halls while one called down to someone.  She kept assuring me it was OK, but I thought "What are they thinking?"  Mom of the year is definitely out and I sure hope I find my boys...what do I tell Bo...sorry i lost your boys in China.  It seemed like forever but all this happened within about 1-2minutes.  The lady took me down the elevator and across the way another elevator opened full of chinese people and my two boys clad in Clemson shirts.  I ran to the boys and the people all smiled.  It appears they pushed the button, the elevator opened and they joined a group for a ride down to the first floor.  Somehow word got out to the staff- I assume and we beat them down and all was well.  I brought them back to the room and double deadbolted them in and we continued on with our day....too relaxed to parent two little guys with lots of energy, intelligence, and adventure.  so embarrassing...I really have 6 other children- 4 have made it almost all to adulthood--I can do this, right?
 
We went to visit Judy again and Bo had a blast teaching her and her husband how to serve in tennis-- playing right up against the building.  they plan to go to the courts tomorrow but they all had fun today.  then we took the boys to the park.  I wished I had brought my camera.  Bo did snap a few pics on his phone and I will try to figure out how to post them.  The boys LOVED the playground and did great except that Brandon pitched a fit when we had to leave.  We came back for naps and they eventually fell asleep so I was able to catch up on blogging and now we are getting ready to go for the famous red couch photos....so there will be some pics soon...I promise.  Another day almost done so we will be home soon!

1 comment:

  1. Is it okay if I laugh?! That is hilarious and it says nothing bad about your parenting skills, but it says a LOT about their skills. LOL I'm sure things will get better...it just takes time. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete