We finally met our guide at 9am this morning. She drove with us to the civil affairs office and we waited about 15 minutes in a room on the 5th floor. Then KangPing (KP) came walking in with a play guitar around his neck. I am not sure but it may have been a birthday present. The foster family sent a bag with snacks and milk and all the things we had sent. In the picture book we sent, they added pictures of their family with him. It was obvious that he was very loved! He is quite tall and thin. I wondered how they would find clothes for him but it seems the secret is suspenders! Just to give you an idea of how things are going...as I was typing, KangPing came walking up to say "MaMa...wo ai ni" which means I love you.
Don't get me wrong we have had a few moments of "What have we done?" He was hesitant at first so we just gave him some time. Then he seemed to be doing OK. So on the way back to the hotel we stopped at the bank to exchange the money we need to pay the fees to adopt. I thought she would have the driver wait, but she sent him on and we all got out. I was trying to keep teh two boys sitting while Bo and the guide exchanged the money. KP thought it would be great to walk up some stairs that were obviously off-limits and as I tried to get him, Brayden decided to erase numbers on some board they have with exchange rates-- then KP said the word for pee and started pulling his pants down. We were defnitely the entertainment at the bank!
Then back at the room we had a few incidents of hitting at me and one spitting scene but it was over quickly. The boys played together and colored for a little while and jabbered to each other. I tried to video it but of course they would stop as soon as the camera came out.
We decided to get out of the room and found a really nice big park nearby with rides and an aquarium. KP insisted on riding the tram around the park and Brayden fell asleep on the ride. Then he woke up when it ended so Bo tried playing with the boys in the grass until a guard came to let us know that is not allowed!
So we took a taxi to Walmart and tried to get a few things we need. Having a buggy for each helped us keep up with them. We have been walking a lot but KP tries to break free and run whenever he sees a bus so I don't feel safe yet with him so the taxi was the best option. KP fell asleep just before we checked out. We made it back to the hotel now and they are busier than ever so I think I may not be able to blog as much.
Please pray that KP has a good night and continues to adjust. It has to be hard for him to leave his family that he has known so long and be with strangers. They both are testing the limits and I know the grief will come. I just pray that they know that they are loved and they now have a family forever!
I will download pics as soon as I can... sorry...
No comments:
Post a Comment