Sorry I never got around to blogging yesterday. We sure have our hands full now. We were joking about our life verse 2 Cor 5:13-14 and our new Nanna version is "If it seems we are crazy...it is because we are!" lol We know this will pass...but yesterday sounded like Halloween around here-- the Chinese word for "no" is bu-- sounds like--Boo! So we laughed that it was Halloween! I thought I was a pro at spoiling children but KP's foster family has me beat! I really like to spoil the kids at first as we get to know them, but KP has been hitting and spitting and acting out when we are in public and we just can't let that slide. Yesterday he became officially our son and as the orphanage director tried to take our picture with a beautiful scroll they made for us (It says 'Big Love") he was showering me with spit-- great shot!
I could not help but think about how Christ was spit upon by those he loved and came to save. He must have been so frustrated and yet He responded in love. So I tried to continue to show love even as I wiped the spit from my face. Now please don;t misunderstand-- there is a huge debate in the adoption community about "saving a child". I do not believe that I am Christ or that I am saving these boys-- I am just a mom who has a heart to grow my family. But I do strive to live in such a way that pleases my Savior and I ask myself how He would respond and I learn so much of His great love for me as I journey through each adoption. And this time I have learned even more about rejection and the fear that keeps us trapped in what we think is a better life that we have made for ourselves instead of risking the great life to which we have been called and chosen and set apart!
It really sounds worse than it is -- most of the time. he has told each of us that he loves us and can be the sweetest boy. It is mainly in public. He does not eat anything but sweets and milk and at restaurants he throws the chopsticks on the floor and just acts out. Bo has had to take him out a few times. It really is exhausting right now. We are ready for Guangzhou.
Today is my birthday. Thank you to my facebook friends who posted. I get emails of your messages but I cannot respond now or see FB at all so I am missing hearing about everyone. I am wondering if my cousin Lauren had her baby boy yet-- you know you are supposed to have it on my birthday-- someone please let me know. And send me any other news-- I miss everyone. we have been away for 2 weeks and it seems like an eternity. We found a mall today and Bo bought me a Dairy Queen Sunday Waffle thing for my birthday-- it was really, really good! The boys loved their ice cream cones too so I think they will fit right in.
I have to go before the room is destroyed. We need to get out some more and tire these guys out. Brayden is still struggling at night-- he cannot breathe and it wakes him up so none of us got much sleep last night. KP cries hard to go to sleep and then he sleeps soundly all night and wakes up happy-- for a while. I have to keep reminding myself-- it has only been 48 hours with KP and he will come around. Bo got the guys sunglasses today-- they wanted to be like Dad and I will post a picture and pick a few others from yesterday.
We miss you all. Please leave comments-- it is so great to be able to read messages from home!
Glenda
feeling a little older today but not too much wiser! lol!
Yesterday morning we went to a park nearby and went into the aquarium so I will post a few pics. we went with Nina -- we met at church-- she is awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment