Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So..about those pictures I promised...

We did take some great red couch photos and some other pics, but my memory card was full-- I had a year or so of pics on the camera and I got this really bright idea since it is pretty inexpensive to have photos put onto a CD here so they did that for me this afternoon and when I got back my memory card-- it is blank!  All I can say is those pics better be on the CDs (which i cannot check on this computer)  I know what you are thinking-- really smart, huh? 
 
The good news is that most of the pictures were already down-loaded onto the computer so it is just the last few that would be missing and they should be on the CD we got.  But you will have to wait for more pictures-- the boys are napping now.
 
Thsi morning bright and early we went to the consulate and they reviewed our paperwork and gave us the oath confirming that the information about us and the boys was true and correct.   So we have our brown envelopes that we will give to the USCIS in Newark and our boys will become US citizens when we touch down on US soil.  The boys did really well this morning.  everyone is settling into a routine of sorts.  Brandon-KP has changed so much.  He needs lots of praise and loves to please.  He makes sure everyone takes off their shoes when we come into the room and makes sure we know about it so we can tell him how obedient he is!  He tells us whenever his di-di (pronounced D-D- little brother) does anything like touch something he shouldn't.  He loves Sophia and I am sure he will miss her, but he has done OK with her not being around as much and she has been preparing him that she will be going to Japan soon.  So in about 24 hours we will be getting on the train to Hong Kong-- our journey here is almost over after 3 weeks away from home.  We are ready to come home!  I have loved every minute (well except a few moments where we were spit on or I had missing children and oh yeah the being sick thing was the pits)  But like childbirth-- all that is mostly forgotten now.  Our time in china has been amazing and I havve enjoyed having 3 weeks uninterrupted with my husband -- I don;t know when that has happened in recent years!  After almost 31 years of marriage, this has been a nice get away-- busy but nice. 
 
I am so looking forward to  a real summer at home with the children.  I really believe that Brandon and Brayden will flourish with time and enjoy the girls.  It will be a tough transition I know but it will be good.  I am so anxious to introduce our boys to everyone and so we will probably try to spend time with everyone briefly right away (like if the jet lag is not too bad we will attempt church Sunday) and then we will need to try to establish a routine and work on bonding so that the boys firmly understand that we are the parents-- esp since Bo will have to go back to work-- they will need the stability of mom right now so I will have to be careful to isolate a little-- which is hard for me since I miss everyone so much!   We want you all to enjoy the boys and develop a relationship with them, but we will try to limit having others hold them or meet needs like feeding/giving treats or changing Brayden for a while.  I know it is hard to understand and when you meet them it is almost spontaneous to want to hold them -- and we won't freak out if that happens!  We just ask that you keep in mind that we need to work hard with these little guys who have been bounced around and do not really know what a family is and that we are really going to be their forever family.  Just please be patient with us and keep us in your prayers.  Pray that we will have wisdom and discernment and be faithful to meet their needs and that they will come to understand our love and begin to trust us. 
 
Thanks again for your prayers and support!
 
Love ya,
Glenda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment