This morning we rode the bus to the Civil Affairs office and waited about 45 minutes for our son to arrive. He walked right in with someone from the orphanage and came right to us. He had the photo album we had sent so it looked like they had prepared him well for our meeting. He has not cried at all. He is very small - only 20 pounds and so tiny. The 3T clothes we brought are way too big and even some 2T stuff is too big so we willl be making a trip to the store today. He also had on pink sandals so Dad is ready to find something else for his boy to wear! (In China pink and purple and all are not considered 'girl' colors).
Brayden is really quiet and sweet and already we can tell that he is very curious and smart. He blew bubbles with us and ate anything we put in front of him. He loved playing games on Bo's phone! He cabn repeat any word we say and has learned to say Hi to everyone and made his sister, Lauryn's night when we said "Hi La-La" on a skype call-- sorry to the other siblings- she was the only one up at midnight-- you all will get a call too soon! Also one of the first things Dad taught him was "Go Tigers!" If we can upload video I will try to post it. He is the most amazing kid! While we were at the civil affairs building one of the other parents said to us, "I can see why you did this again...this is amazing" It was so great to see it again through those who were experiencing it for the first time. I do not think you can really understand how incredible it is to have a child placed in your arms for the first time and be told this is your child. It is truly a miracle!
He is laying in the crib right now. He still has not taken a nap, but he just plays quietly so I can email. So far he is really easy-- nothing like all the fears I had of a kid running away and hitting me and all that! He has gone to both of us and seems to have fun with both of us. It has been such a smooth transition so far. Thank you to everyone for your prayers for us!
I will attempt to post a few pics of the day and maybe even some video. I still cannot see what I post so I hope it turns out OK. I do get emails about your comments so please keep commenting and let me know if there are any problems. I think I need to get back to my boy now.
Living this crazy amazing life in Zhengzhou!
Glenda
So happy for you! Your son looks amazing and they did prepare him well!
ReplyDeleteYour post turned out great!!
This is so exciting! Thanks for including us in your journey
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! This is Laura (Camp) Morgan. I'm so glad the transition has been smooth so far. I'll be praying that it continues that way. If you're with Lily, tell her hi for me!
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable, Glenda! Thank you for sharing all of this with all of us. Praying for all of you.
ReplyDeletePatti Herrmann
How great! So glad that it's going well. He is adorable!
ReplyDelete~Amber
Glenda and Bo,
ReplyDeleteHe is SO cute!!!! I can't wait to meet him!! I'm glad everything is going good so far. I forgot to tell you to PLEASE tell your mom if she needs any help with the girls to call me. And I told Lauryn if she gets bored or lonely to call me too :) We are praying hard and I can't wait to see more pictures and hug these sweet boys when you bring them home!! Love you guys! And again please let us know if you need ANYTHING!!
Nae and Mark
Oh my goodness...what a cutie! He looks and sounds like a dream. It is so amazing to see those at the end of this journey! I am thrilled for you guys and can't wait to see the next "meeting"!! Enjoy this special time!
ReplyDeleteHi - a fellow RQ gal here, waiting to travel to get our little girl from Henan. Your post on RQ caught my eye, and when I saw that you were in Zhengzhou I just wanted to say hi and your little boy is so precious! I hope you continue to have a smooth transition with BOTH your boys! Wow! Best wishes for a safe journey...
ReplyDeleteWOW--Glenda and Bo--he is SOOOOO cute!!! I know you are so relieved and happy for all of this to finally be happening!! I am so very happy for you and can't wait to meet your little boys!! Love you and praying!!
ReplyDeleteSusan